Student Dress Code
These dress code regulations should be considered as clothing purchases are made for the following school year.
The purpose of this dress code is to set standards of reasonable dress that will promote a learning environment that is safe and free from unnecessary distractions while maintaining an appropriate academic decorum.
Thank you for your continued cooperation!
Students violating these regulations by wearing any of the following prohibited items will be asked to call home for a change of clothes and remain in the office until appropriate apparel is received. Repeated violations will be subject to disciplinary action according to the school code.
- All clothing and accessories must be neat, safe, clean, and appropriate for an educational setting.
- Tank tops, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti strap tops, and muscle shirts are prohibited. (All tops must cover the back, shoulders, and sides.)
- Low-collar tops and dresses are prohibited. (No cleavage is to be visible.)
- Clothing made of see-through material is prohibited.
- Low-riders, pajama pants, lounge pants, baggy pants, pants that drag on the floor, and bell bottoms wider than 11 inches are prohibited. (Pants, shorts, capris, and skirts must be secured at the waistline.)
- The administration understands that holes in clothing is a current fashion trend, and the wearing of such garments is permitted provided that the holes are not placed in areas of the clothing that result in violation of other items within this dress code. (Clothing with large rips and tears and frayed edges is not considered acceptable attire.)
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts higher than the length of the fingertips of the wearer (with arms fully extended along the sides) are prohibited regardless of whether “tights” are worn underneath.
- Exposed undergarments are prohibited.
- Inappropriate footwear (slippers, etc.) is prohibited. Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times.
- Clothing (including T-shirts, sweatshirts, buttons, wristbands, etc.) advertising or referencing alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco, bars, obscene slogans or images, and messages with meanings that can be interpreted in an inappropriate manner is prohibited.
- 11. Chains or ropes of any material on clothing are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to chains for wallets, chains or ropes on pants, shirts, etc.
- 12. Hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, and scarves are prohibited during school hours. (Hats, caps, and hoods should be removed upon entering the building.)
- 13. Outer wear including coats, jackets, gloves, etc. are prohibited during school hours.
- 14. Book bags and duffle bags are not permitted in classrooms.
- 15. Final judgment in cases of questionable dress rests with the administration.
The administration reserves the right to change the dress code during the school year to address issues that are in the best interest of the students, faculty, and staff.